Home Care Points for Summer Baby Diarrhea
When a baby has diarrhea, parents must pay attention to his mental state.
When the child poops 5 times a day?
6 times, thinner, but with good appetite, good spirits, and normal body temperature, you can have good reasons to classify it as physiological diarrhea without any treatment.
I hope parents can observe stool more and learn preliminary judgment methods.
(1) In general, stool smells like rotten eggs, mostly protein indigestion; (2) When there is more sugar in milk, the stool is more foamy and has a sour smell; (3) The mother drank too oily soup,When there is a slight excess in milk, the child’s stool is grayish white and foamy; laboratory tests often report fecal balls in the stool.Stool, you can see the stool is green; (5) virus or bacterial infection, more common watery stool (like egg soup soup, water and stool separation) or pus and bloody stool.
Generally, if you see pus or blood in your stool, you must go to the hospital to ask a doctor for treatment with antibiotics. In other cases, intensive care can work.
Physical factors This disease mainly occurs in infants and young children, and its internal characteristics are as follows: ① infants’ asthma development is not mature enough.
② Nerve, endocrine, circulatory system, liver and kidney functions are immature during infancy, with poor regulation.
③ Infant immune function is not perfect.
④ The distribution of infant’s body fluids is different from that of adults. The extracellular fluid accounts for a high proportion, and the water metabolism is strong, and the regulating function is poor. It is more prone to body fluids and electrolyte disorders.
Infectious factors are divided into intra- and extra-digestive infections, the former being the main one.
(1) Infection in the digestive tract: Pathogenic microorganisms can enter the digestive tract of children with contaminated food or water, which is prone to occur in artificial substitutes.
(2) Infections outside the digestive tract: Infection of organs and tissues outside the digestive tract can also cause diarrhea, which is common in otitis media, pharyngitis, pneumonia, urinary tract infections, and skin infections.
(3) Mutation of bacteria in the body caused by abuse of antibiotics: long-term breakthrough application of broad-spectrum antibiotics such as chloramphenicol, kanamycin, gentamicin, ampicillin, various cephalosporins, especially twoWhen used in combination or above, in addition to directly stimulating or inducing vegetative nerves to cause intestinal peristalsis, reduced glucose absorption, and reduced disaccharide enzyme activity and diarrhea, more serious is that it can cause flora disorders.
(1) Dietary factors; (2) Intolerance to carbon water erosion; (3) Food allergies; (4) Drug effects; (5) Other factors: such as unclean environment, too little outdoor activity, sudden changes in living rules,Sudden changes in the external climate (called “wind, cold, heat, wet diarrhea” by Chinese medicine), etc., also easily cause diarrhea in infants.
Mummy home care key points 1 Early replenishment of lost body water Mummy can choose one of the following rehydration methods: use homemade sugar saline rehydration, that is, add 1 to 5000 ml of warm boiling water.
75 grams of refined salt and 10 grams of sugar, 1.
75 grams of refined salt is equivalent to half of the beer bottle cap, and 10 grams of white sugar is equivalent to 2 teaspoons; use homemade rice soup to add salt liquid rehydration, that is, add 1 to 500 ml of warm boiling water.
75 grams of refined salt; use the ORS (oral rehydration salt) prescribed by the doctor for rehydration. The ORS rehydration salt is a prepared dry powder, which can be made into a liquid according to the instructions when used.
In the first 4 hours, give 20-40 ml of liquid per baby’s weight.
Since then, take it orally at any time, as much as you can drink.
Babies under 2 years old can be fed with a small spoon every 1-2 minutes, older babies can drink in small cups.
If the baby vomits, wait for 10 minutes and then feed slowly; once the baby’s eyelid edema appears, indicating that there is some excess fluid, you should temporarily switch to boiling water or breast milk.
Tip: Do not add ORS rehydration salt to milk, rice soup, fruit juice or other beverages, and after the preparation is complete, do not add sugar to it, otherwise it will affect the rehydration effect.
Point 2 Give your baby plenty of food to prevent malnutrition. Do not fast your baby with diarrhea, but follow the principle of small meals and eat at least 6 times a day.
Breast-fed babies continue to eat breast milk, but the mum’s diet should be low in fat, otherwise it will cause diarrhea; babies who are artificially fed within 6 months can drink milk as usual; more than 6 months have been added to milkYour baby can eat some digestible foods such as gruel, rotten noodles, minced fish, a small amount of pureed vegetables, fresh fruit juice or banana puree until 2 weeks after the diarrhea stops.
Point 3: For the baby’s small butt, the feces discharged during diarrhea should be doubled to stimulate the skin.
Therefore, every time the baby defecates, the mum should wash the small ass with warm water, especially pay attention to the cleanliness of the anus and perineum. It is best to use a soft and clean cotton diaper and change it frequently to avoid red hips and urinary tract.infection.
If the small butt is red, it should be exposed to the air to dry naturally, and then apply some diaper rash cream.
Point 4: Observe the development of the baby’s condition closely. If the baby’s irritability is aggravated, the cardia and eye sockets appear sunken, there is less tears when crying, and the mouth looks dry and dry. Also, when you pick up a piece of skin on the thigh and immediately release the hand, the skin foldsThe flat time is more than 2 seconds.
This condition indicates that the baby’s body has become dehydrated; or it has been treated at home for 3 days, but the condition has not improved, and a large amount of watery stools have appeared, vomiting, increased thirst, unable to eat and drink normally, and urinate after rehydration.It is still rare. If the baby has a fever and blood in the stool, take the baby to the hospital for diagnosis and treatment.
Prevention suggestions: To prevent bacterial diarrhea is to pay attention to strict disinfection instead of baby bottles, milk pans and other things.
Normally bottles and pacifiers are boiled for 30 minutes to kill all bacteria.
The milk has to be boiled.
It is forbidden for young children to eat foods and drinks and dirty foods that have been put in the refrigerator for a long time.
Avoid prolonged use of broad-spectrum antibiotics.